Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

We spent last weekend in Bancroft with my mom, who celebrated her 71st birthday last week. We stayed the night on Saturday and went to church with her on Sunday. It was fun to sit with her in church and look around at all of the people who have influenced my life in so many ways. I felt lucky to have been raised in such a caring community, with such a loving person to call my mom. I made the best, and only, carrot cake I have ever made in my life on Sunday. Then we sang Happy Birthday with some of my family who still live nearby. Hannah, gave her some beautiful bird art made out of puff balls and pipe cleaners, and Johnny made a baking soda and vinegar bomb for her. It was so funny to see him hand over a plastic bag full of white powder, with two stick figures on the front (Johnny and Grandma) and the words "Happy Birthday" printed in big, black, permanent marker letters on the front. He had her come out to the front porch and watch as he filled the bag with some vinegar, sealed it, and placed it far away so that she could watch it explode. He was so proud of his very exciting gift.
We sure love you mom, thanks for everything!

2 comments:

WDL 5 said...

Those baking soada bombs do the trick every time!

Hansen family said...

I'm sorry we missed seeing you. We were speaking in the Chesterfield ward! Next time!