Saturday, November 28, 2009

Our big number 10


Before November is over I need to write about our tenth anniversary. Ten years ago I married my best friend. These past ten years have been the most meaningful, fulfilling and happiest years of my life. To celebrate, we did the one thing that we have wanted to do ever since we moved into our home--enjoy it! We farmed out our children, went out to dinner and a movie, and came home. With no responsibilities at home, we stayed up late and we slept in until our backs hurt. The next morning we had breakfast in bed and went for a peaceful walk through the neighborhood holding hands. It was perfect.

Thank you, John, for being who you are, and sharing your life with me.

2 comments:

Leslie Moseley said...

What a novel idea. Maybe we'll try that in a couple weeks when James leaves home... for Korea!

Cheryl said...

It's soooo nice!