Sunday, July 11, 2010

A pedaling machine

Johnny has finally mastered the bicycle. I am so proud of him! This has been a very long process, because this boy is not what you would call a big risk taker. I don't blame him, considering all of the stitches that he has had. I tried to be encouraging by telling him that if he looked far ahead and pedaled fast, it would be easier, but that seemed illogical to him. He would much rather pedal cautiously and look down at the front wheel to make sure that the bike was working correctly. He has actually been able to ride for about 3 months, but has begged me to run behind him and hold his shirt or touch his back every few seconds. If I didn't do this he would lose control and crash. I am so proud of him for overcoming his fears and becoming a bicycling expert. Way to go Johnny!

1 comment:

Lady Vera of the Avenues said...

woooohoooooo Johnny!!!!!!! Wow you are cruising on that bike.