Sunday, July 11, 2010

You only turn 9 once so you might as well make it messy!

This year Hannah had a tie dye party, it was super messy, and super fun! We started out with a friendly game of "get the pennies out of the jello with chopsticks" (for lack of a better name). It was easy for Hannah's cousin, Heidi, because she told us that she flew in from China to come to Hannah's party. Therefore she was an expert ;). It was a fun game and ended up with lots of slimy little hands and slimy pennies. It's a good thing that the parents were warned to dress their kids in clothes that could get messy. Then we moved on to tie dye. I have never had much luck with this, but I tried a new technique this time. It worked out beautifully and it was very easy. In this technique you roll the shirt up like a cinnamon roll. I love how Hannah's friend, Gabby, took me seriously and tried to take a bite out of her shirt.

Then came the tie dye cake, it turned out a little different than I expected, but now I know how to make the perfect spider-man cake!


Lots of great friends for Hannah and wonderful gifts, she is one very lucky girl. Happy Birthday Hannah, I love you so much!



3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Thanks so much for the update. It's fun to see the party and to recognize the cousins!

Kim said...

WOW! She's nine now? Time is going fast! Looks like such a fun party!

Kelley Rae said...

What great ideas for a party - I can't believe she is so grown up!!