Friday, January 28, 2011

Christmas Eve


As I was at the Craft Store on the morning of Christmas Eve, picking up a few things for our Christmas Eve craft, our "Growing Nativities" I came across a mistletoe for $1.00. I decided that I couldn't pass it up because I haven't had mistletoe in our house since our kids have been old enough to remember. When I brought it home and hung it up that night, I explained to them that every time they stand under it, they get a kiss. Hannah asked me, "Is it a curse or something?" I didn't quite know what to say. Well, yes, I guess it would be a curse to a nine-year-old girl. Although, not even a very careful nine-year-old girl could escape that curse. I had to laugh at Johnny though, he would just stand under it and wait. He must be his dad's boy, he can't pass up a good opportunity when it presents itself.




Hannah and Johnny carefully decorated the cookies for Santa that night, I loved the Grinch cookie. And I am sure that Santa thoroughly enjoyed the pumpkin roll.


The Reindeer loved the apples that were set out for them too. They weren't very clean eaters though, there were chewed up apple pieces floating in the left-over water the next morning.




Isn't it funny, with how magical Christmas was when I was a child, I find it even more magical now. Nothing beats being a parent to young children during Christmas time.


No comments: