Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hand-me-down Patty Cake


I don't usually get sentimental about hand-me-downs, but this is one that got me. Maddie was recently sifting through our stuffed animal bin in the toy closet and latched on to my old doll, Patty Cake. She is the only toy that I have saved from my childhood, my mom made her for me when I was about 4 years old. She has little Velcro circles on her hands that make them stick together, a little hand embroidered face and yellow yarn hair. I remember shortly after my mom gave her to me for Christmas I took a pair of scissors to her hair. I have always felt a little guilty every time I look at her because of that. It is funny to see the resemblance between my Maddie and Pattie Cake, and I am a little embarrassed to say that I cut Maddie's hair myself too.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

They do look similar! You are so sharp to see the similarity.