Monday, January 18, 2010

Madeline "Curious George" Loveless

Our little Madeline sometimes has a hard time staying in bed at night, so either John or I lay down with her to keep her company as she drifts off to dreamland. John plays the Curious George game with her, in place of a story. This is a Loveless Family tradition, and John isn't quite sure of the origins, but in this game you try to think of different titles for Curious George books. Maddie has come up with some pretty funny titles, and sometimes spurts them off at random times during the day. I can't think of anything specific, but here are a few examples: Curious George wears pants on his head; Curious George hurt his belly button; or Curious George dresses up like a princess.

Well, Maddie is our little "Curious George" lately.
Nothing escapes her nimble little hands and feet.
No matter what the cost, she WILL find a way to satisfy her curiosity.
Here are a few pictures to prove my point:











...And it doesn't end there. Hannah has resorted to putting a warning sign on her door, and a child lock.




Johnny also has his own sign for Maddie on his door, with his own child lock (which he sometimes needs me to open for him :)



After Johnny put this sign on his door, I heard Hannah say, almost sadly,
"it's too bad that Maddie can't read."
Just wait, in 25 years they will look forward to the day that Maddie comes knocking at their door to pay them a visit. Her energy and happiness really are contagious. I love that girl!

3 comments:

kathyleen said...

Hopefully Maddie will learn to read before she figures out how to open that child lock.... really, it could happen! :)

Val said...

I'm not sure, but I think my Dad made up the Curious George game. I know I played with him as a kid. I like the new titles your guys made up. Our best one was "Curious George Dies" (I think Lindsey was the one who made that one up)

Cheryl said...

Maddie came up with another one yesterday. "Curious George sleeps on the wall." Valerie, John did think it had something to do with your dad.