Friday, February 25, 2011

Random acts of silliness

Hannah is extending her literary works to include satire. I laughed when I read this story that she wrote last Sunday, do you think that she is making fun of her little sisters?

Beautiful Pink

Once upon a time there was a beautiful pink princess. She lived in a beautiful pink castle. She had a beautiful pink horse that she rode all the time. Her beautiful pink horse was named Beautiful Pink. He was a beautiful pink horse with a beautiful pink horn and beautiful pink hooves and beautiful pink wings. One day Beautiful Pink said, "Beautiful pink princess, I want to make my beautiful pink hooves into beautiful pink school glue to give to the beautiful pink school children." So he helped the beautiful pink school children with beautiful pink school glue and the beautiful pink princess married a beautiful pink prince and they all lived beautiful pinkily ever after. Sometimes I wonder where she got her sense of humor, until I have an experience like I did today. We had a total of 8 kids playing at our house today, and only half of them were ours. I love to see our children playing and having fun, but after 3 hours we were ready to send the friends home so that we could hear ourselves think again. As one of Johnny's little friends was going out the door he said, "now I won't have any friends to play with." Without hesitation, and little compassion John said, "you can play with your nose." Surprised at the randomness, he broke into laughter and left with a smile.

No comments: