Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our household super-hero

I don't know how popular the movie Mystery Men really is, but in our house it is a much quoted movie. Why? First of all our taste in movies is a bit dorky. Second, it has a little known super hero in it called The Shoveler. He uses his shovel to fight crime. John likes to quote the movie-- "Lucille, God gave me a gift. I shovel well. I shovel very well." I often compare John to superheros, because he has so much energy when it comes to projects that it is almost super human. I have tried to put my finger on which super hero I should compare him to, and it changes according to the project. Right now John is the shoveler. The project in progress now is our sprinkler system. In a neighborhood where most people hire out the landscaping it seems strange to see someone working hard everyday, and sometimes into the night on their own yard. John decided to do this himself because he loves to get out and work hard, and he also likes to save money. Two things that I love him for.

He has installed the system in our front yard and almost all of the west side and back yards. It is a race against time because the water is turned off for the winter in the middle of October, and we at least want to get the front side and back yards seeded. Our east side yard and park strips will probably have to wait until next spring. We also were able to get half of our curbing put in, we were very excited about that. We will do the rest when we get the rest of the sprinklers in.




3 comments:

William Loveless VI said...

ugh, digging through that dirt is the worst, its pretty much rock. Good Job John!!

Kim said...

It's looking good!

Kelley Rae said...

Love Mystery Men!! I see John's hard at work as always!