Saturday, September 5, 2009

This was TERRIFYING, but I did it!

John and I have been talking about how we have been doing so much work lately and not having enough fun. John is very good about combining the two, but I had a hard time with this until yesterday. Maybe I wouldn't go straight to "fun" but it was the same terrifying feeling that I got last month when we went to Cherry Hill on a date and climbed the rock wall. I am not sure that I picked the right color of stain for the project, but I think that it does make the house look better cared for.





And in the end, I was very proud of my self, so I gave myself a big ol' sticky brown pat on the back.


6 comments:

William Loveless VI said...

OK I didn't want to criticize your new house, but I noticed the same paint on the trim as the background. I love those dark trims they remind me of German houses. I guess they bugged you too that they were painted over. So glad to see you up there taking care of the trim work. Can't wait to see how it looks when you get them all done!

William Loveless VI said...

Cheryl, that was Rhonda who left the above message. It's amazing what we will do when we want something done. If you can go up on your roof, maybe I can get my burned out light fixture changed out in our bedroom ceiling and also paint the trim (eaves) around our house.

Cheryl said...

It was one thing that bugged me too. I remember thinking that it was one of the first things that I wanted to do when we moved in, but things pile up and I am so glad it is done now.

kathyleen said...

I love the color you chose, it really highlights the stone on the front of your home.

Not to add more to your to-do list, but I think I maybe would stain/paint the shutters and the front door so they have the same look as your fantastic beams.

Kim said...

Looks good! I'm proud of you for getting up there and doing the job! And I wouldn't put this under fun either, but needed as well!

WDL 5 said...

I'll bet you had lots of fun. Fun! Fun! Fun!