Sunday, February 7, 2010

But I have yellow hair!


The other day Maddie noticed my shiny toenail polish, and asked "why are my toes just plain pink?" What can you do? I had no choice but to paint her toenails and fingernails.


I don't know where she got her ability to discern fashion and style. I have to make a special conscious effort to notice what other people are wearing or doing with their hair so that I am not left decades behind, and I still struggle. Not my Maddie. I am hoping that her attention to detail turns out to be a good thing. Yesterday Hannah's friend came over to play, and Maddie wanted to play with them. I told Maddie that Hannah was going to play with her friend by herself this time. Maddie quickly became very sad and sobbed "But I have YELLOW hair! I want brown hair like Hannah and Macy!" I think that she thought that she was being left out because of her hair color.



4 comments:

WDL 5 said...

She's a pretty neat girl, all the way!

Leslie Moseley said...

Love the cute nails. I need mine painted too.

Heather said...

Ohh what a sweet girl!

Kim said...

What a little sweetie!