Thursday, April 22, 2010

Getting there was half the fun

A few months ago, John and I decided that it was time to have some fun. John has been wanting to take me on an international trip ever since he started traveling, and I have been wanting go on a cruise since...forever. So, we decided to take a step into the unknown and book a cruise to the Western Caribbean. John took last week off of work and we said good-by to my mom, a stocked refrigerator, an empty laundry room, and our four lovely and lively children. Then we spent an entire five days enjoying some adventures together. Unfortunately, as usual, our fun surpassed our ability to take good pictures. So just trust me, it was wonderful.

Me, trying to take a "serious" picture on the ferry to Tulum.

After looking at the "serious" picture.


At the airport, I had to tease John a little bit about the "naked machine" made by L-3 communications (where he works). Leave it to a bunch of engineers to create an x-Ray vision device.


This is how I spent my time in the airport, crocheting a hat for my neighbor's new baby. I wish I would have taken a picture of the finished product, it was cute.


It was REALLY windy at the front of the ship during our last day at sea.

Did I mention it was windy?



There were a few moments of beautiful, non-windy, warm weather, so we took advantage of it and spent some time lounging on the deck.



It was beautiful!
There is more to come, but I need to get back to my duties today, I will try to post more tomorrow.

3 comments:

WDL 5 said...

Sounds like a great vacation. Where do we sign up?

Kelley Rae said...

That's awesome that you took some time for yourselves!! Looks like a blast!

Kim said...

Sounds great! Glad you guys got away. Reading this makes me a litte bit excited for our cruise in June!