Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Our Anniversary Pilgrimage to Idaho

It has been a few days since we returned from our Anniversary trip, but it was so fun that I had to write about it. John and I take turns planning our anniversaries, and this year it was my turn. Last year John took me on a wonderful trip to Florida, so my idea to spend our anniversary in and around my hometown may not seem like it measures up--but it almost did! We were lucky enough to have Grandma Maryann and Grandma Dorothy take care of our little ones while we spent some time away. We spent the time soaking in some natural hotsprings and staying in an old hotel in Lava Hot springs. We were a little nervous when we saw how old the hotel was, but it turned out to be a nice place to stay.

It was fun to go back to Bancroft to pick up Maddie and Lucy from Grandma Dorothy, and take a few pictures of my old stomping grounds. John asked what kind of thoughts go through my head when we come to visit and see places like my old school (K-12), the church building, or houses of friends. I told him that I always feel a little sentimental about the times I had growing up, but I am so glad to be where I am right now in my life.


As we were driving past Main Street (yes this is main steet:) I saw my brother, James, who is the city maintence guy putting up the Christmas lights. I had to take a picture of their invention. It is a forklift with some scaffolding on the front, it doesn't look too safe,

but hey, you've got to make do with what you have in a small town. We had a good laugh about that.


Maddie and Lucy had a wonderful time at Grandma Dorothy's house,



and Hannah and Johnny really enjoyed their stay with Grandma Maryann.


Thank you for giving us some much needed time away. We had such a great time, and it gave us a new appreciation for being back together again.







4 comments:

Heather said...

I love anniversary trips and we love Lava Hot Springs. We went there for a senior trip in High School. The motel we stayed in had ants we had to blow dry off the walls. It was great though!

WDL 5 said...

I live for our anniversary celebration each year.

Kelley Rae said...

You take turns?! What's this? You mean I don't always have to be in charge? Mark is totally hearing about this! :) congrats again!

John L said...

Correction: I might add that if it wasn't for the sunset on the beach and the Kennedy space center that Idaho was funner than Forida.