Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Our Trunk or Treat


John and I decided to ham halloween up this year for the kids. I may have gone a little overboard in that area.

Here is a little background on our costumes:

John: Doctor, he put some rubber gloves on and carried a chainsaw around. During the trunk-or-treat, he kept telling people things like "wow a full day of amputations can really tire you out." I am so glad he didn't fire the thing up.

Cheryl: My costume was very mismatched, I threw it together about 15 minutes before we left. I guess I was trying to show Johnny how much fun we could have looking silly (and it was fun). I ended up being some sort of a clown nurse. We had a great clown wig that wasn't spoken for, plus I had to do penance for making Johnny be a clown last year. I had a nurse hat on, but you can't see it because the wig is so fluffy. There were a few technical problems with the dress so I had to wear a skirt underneath.

Hannah: She wanted to wear the cat costume that I made for her when she was four. I can't believe it still fit her, will she ever grow? We lost the ears so I had to make some out of construction paper before we left. She even dressed her little stuffed animal cat up as a witch. She was feeling a little under-the-weather that night. I'll tell more about that later.

Johnny: Black ghost shirt (see previous post).

Madeline: Little witch, she looked so cute!

Lucy: Spider, all of my babies have worn this costume. The hat kept slipping over her eyes but she didn't seem to mind.





We had a ton of fun, and went home with a lot of candy, thanks kids;)




No comments: