Friday, January 30, 2009

New Years Resolutions

January is almost over so it is high time I write down my new years resolutions. The sad thing is that as I am writing this, I have already broken a few of them more than a few times. I know, what is the use of resolutions if you are going to break them? For me they are there just so that I know what I SHOULD be working for, and then I can break them at my own discretion.

My first goal is to have a yard this beautiful by the end of the summer. Think we can do it? We are going to try our hand at xeriscaping this year. John has already started diging holes and building up dirt where we want it. A little snow can't stand in his way!



My second goal is to do Hannah's hair more often, at least on Sundays. She tells me that she likes it "just straight" but on the days that I spend a little more time doing it, I can tell that she loves looking pretty. She won't admit that she likes it (heavens no) but I can tell by how she smiles at herself in the mirror and then asks for lip gloss. I have never been a hair person, but I plan to use this blog http://www.shedoeshair.blogspot.com/ to study up.



My third goal is to get the laundry done before it becomes a crisis. I have talked about my laundry struggles quite a bit, but I had a breaking point in December when I decided it was time to make a change. John had come home from work and I was telling him about my thoroughly exhausting day (thanks for listening John) when I looked down at his socks and almost started to cry. John, realizing he was going to have a mess on his hands if he didn't say something nice fast said

"I don't go by color, I go by thickness"

I have come up with a new system that seems to be working a little better, but it does require that I do a little bit every day instead of having one laundry day a week.





6 comments:

Lors said...

I am starting the one load of laudry a day also. So far it is working pretty good.

Rhonda said...

Goal #1 If anyone can do it, you two can!
Goal #2 I had a daughter like that (Valerie) And she has gorgeous hair. It helped to have a hair dresser aunt next door (Lisa) to cut it.
Goal #3 Do you sort socks in the dark? Tee Hee

Cheryl said...

Rhonda, thanks for your confidence in us. I REALLY wish I had a hairdresser aunt next door--do you know where I can find one? And as for the socks they were actually the only two clean socks he had:(

Heather said...

You are one of the funniest people I know! I love the socks and Lexee ALWAYS wants her hair down...maybe it's the age.

Val said...

I'm like Hannah. I usually have my hair just straight down or pulled back with a few bobby pins. It is easier that way. But prefer to it curly. Too bad it takes too much time to curl. (By the way Hillary is a hair expert)

Marilyn Zimmerman said...

I have been doing a load a day for quite a long time. It is so much better. We never run out - well, almost never.