Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our Obama Cake

Isn't it funny the things you find to celebrate when you are really in the mood for chocolate cake. When John came home and saw that I was baking a cake he asked what the occasion was. I told him that we are celebrating Johnny having clean p.j. pants to wear to bed tonight. Last night he went to bed wearing a t-shirt and underpants (oops). You will see more about my laundry struggles in my new year's resolution post soon.
Anyway, John suggested that we could celebrate getting a new president today. So after dinner we ate our Obama cake. It kind of fell apart (insert symbolism here if you wish) as I was frosting it because I didn't wait for it to cool completely.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You crack me up! I say eat cake there doesn't need to be an excuse...but then I know why people nod their heads and ask how weight watchers is going :)