Saturday, June 20, 2009

I'm not as computer illiterate as I thought :)

I figured it out, I had to do a bit of creative thinking, but I finally figured out how to get our pictures onto our Internet compatible computer. I don't know if you would consider burning the pictures to a disk creative thinking, but for me it was. I am happy that I can now share what we have been doing the past two weeks with pictures, because, after all, a picture is worth a thousand words. Here is a picture of some of my very dear friends, I will miss experiencing all the in's and out's of everyday life with them--but am glad that we are still close enough that I can visit often.



They were very sweet and held a moving away party, I felt so loved, thank you!






Hannah got a little teary eyed while saying good-by to her friends, it was so heartbreaking to watch. As you can see, Johnny wasn't quite as sentimental in that area.


This is the cat that we left behind. He wasn't our cat, but during the last two days that we were packing, we were in and out of our house so much that the door was constantly open. He came in and made himself at home. He was a very nice cat, and our kids were sad to leave him behind, they got so attached to him that they even named him--Dumpling. Sorry kids, one cat is enough, and I am pretty sure he had an owner already.




On Friday the 5th John left early in the morning with a loaded moving van with one of our nephews. At the new house, he met up with 3 more of our nephews my mom and one of our nieces. They unloaded one truck and headed back to Kearns for the second load. Thankfully they brought my mom and niece, Hailey, to Kearns also. They were such a big help with the cleaning jobs that I thought would be so easy, but turned out to be more than I bargained for. Luckily, Vera let Maddie spend the night at her house, so it was just me and Lucy while Hannah and Johnny were at school. Hailey was more than happy to entertain Lucy while mom and I cleaned the fridge, mopped the floor, and finished up the bathrooms--things you can't really do while the house is occupied. When it came time to pick Hannah and Johnny up from school, we were nearly done. I will never forget loading all of the cleaning supplies into our van and telling them it was time to say goodbye. It was so sweet to hear them run through the house one last time and yell, "goodbye kitchen....goodbye, bedroom....goodbye, garage." Strangely enough, no tears were shed. We were so tired that I didn't even think of getting one last picture of us in front of the house, plus it would have had to be without John and Madeline, and that just didn't seem right.

1 comment:

WDL 5 said...

I'm sure you'll treasure that last memory forever, though, even without a picture!