Monday, August 2, 2010

Pioneer weekend

On Friday the 23rd, we headed to Bancroft for the Pioneer Day celebration. We decided to take the scenic route through Logan so that we could hit some of the great factories and so that John and I could reminisce about our dating and newly-wed days.

We stopped by:

the Logan Temple, where we were married,

Aggie Ice cream (Lucy was sad that she had to share with dad),

Our first home, which sadly is now just a cement pad. The on-campus trailer court where we lived will be torn down in 2011, so many of the trailers are gone or gutted. It was such a fun place to live.

The Willow Park Zoo, where we saw a pretty amazing albino porcupine.

Gosner's Cheese Factory

The Fat Boy Factory, and

Pepperige Farm.

To say the least, our large cooler was PACKED!


When we reached Bancroft, one of the first things my mom said to me was: "I need to go and cut down some more sage brush." It was then that I came to the knowledge of my fate for the next day. Not only would I help her cut down a big load of sagebrush, but I would star on her parade float for the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers. It wasn't bad at all, though it was pretty hot. I enjoyed seeing many of my friends that I wouldn't have been able to see had I been on the sidelines.





The kids loved gathering the massive amounts of candy that were thrown from the floats.



And just to give you a taste of what the parade was like, here are a couple pictures for your enjoyment. Gotta love Bancroft!




2 comments:

Kelley Rae said...

You are such a good sport, and the perfect pioneer woman!! We're headed up to Logan this weekend and we can't wait, we love it there too.

Kim said...

You make such a beautiful pioneer woman!