Thursday, August 5, 2010

Read all about it: Big foot found in messy room

So, I sent Hannah to her room to tidy it up the other day. I tell her to tidy it every day, but Hannah's definition of tidy is much different than mine. How do you tidy a room that has a designated mess pit, consisting of shredded paper, for her webkinz to "play in." We deep clean it once a week, and that is a big job. Even tidying once a day is a little overwhelming to a girl who is constantly in the middle of some art project or make-believe stuffed animal drama where her entire room is the stage. The point of my story is, because of the chaos and her overactive imagination, it is easy for her to get distracted. Sadly, she comes by it honestly.

This is what I found when I went to check on her progress. 10 socks on each foot, and yes, all together that makes 40 socks which were folded and nicely put away in their drawers. They had fun though, and I figured "it's summer, why not." Though Hannah didn't get to play computer or with friends for most of the day because her room had to be clean first. Personally, I was okay with that. She enjoyed her brother and her socks just as much as she could have enjoyed anything else. Eventually the deprivation got to her, though, and she buckled down and tidied her room.











2 comments:

Kim said...

Too funny! What a way to pass time!

Kelley Rae said...

Love it - though I can't understand how one of your kids can have you as a mom and not be super organized :)