Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Road Trip!!!

The end of July we took a road trip to Panguitch, Utah to go to a family reunion for all of my great grandfather's descendants on my mom's side. I love going to these reunions, even though I hardly know anyone there. We camp at my great Uncle's beautiful ranch, and there are plenty of activities for the kids. On the way, we decided to take a rest stop at Cove Fort. It was a fun little spiritual experience for us all.



The ranch was gorgeous this year, and our kids loved the stream that was right by our tent site...EEekk. Luckily it wasn't too swift or deep. Johnny went through every extra pair of shorts that I brought for him in the first day.
















One of the activities was a fly tying class. I love fishing, it brings back fond memories of the summers in Panguitch visiting Grandma and fishing with my Uncle Rex. I hope to take a fly fishing class someday so that I can take my kids. I have only been fly fishing twice, but I loved it both times.

We stopped by Red Canyon on the way home, it was beautiful. Someday we plan on going a little further and spending a few days in Bryce Canyon.











1 comment:

Kelley Rae said...

Oh, I love Bryce Canyon. I'm suddenly craving a road trip through central Utah!!