Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Time to say goodbye to popsicles and dragonflies

This summer has been awesome! I am sad to see it go, even though I was excited to see Hannah and Johnny head to school this year.






I am realizing that I am just as busy now as I was before school started. On one beautiful September morning last week, we sent them off and proceeded to eat popsicles for breakfast. I figured, why not, they were left over fruit smoothie from the day before. It was our last hurrah to summer. I am loving this time with Maddie and Lucy.






This year I am trying my hand at teaching Maddie the things that she will need to know for school next year. This is the first year that I haven't sent a four year old child of mine to pre-school. Don't ask me why I didn't, because my explanation will probably sound silly--I don't really have an explanation, just that it felt right. In my humble opinion (*wink*wink) I am an awesome pre-school teacher though. We head down to the basement almost every morning at 10:00 and "play". We spend a little time with the calendar, singing, reading, writing letters and doing a fun activity. The girls both love "pre-school" and today they asked if they could wear their backpacks. It was so cute watching them tromp down the stairs with their big empty backpacks.

4 comments:

WDL 5 said...

What a great pre-school teacher you are. There's no one better than their own mother!

Leslie Moseley said...

The best reason for pre-school is to get a break! hee hee

Cheryl said...

Leslie, I wish! That's part of the reason I kept her home. Maddie and Lucy play so much better when they are together, it's actually easier for me.

Kelley Rae said...

Sometimes being home is the best answer, especially when you are such a good teacher :) I kept MaKell home purely because we couldn't afford preschool, then ended up LOVING it because I could do so much more for her and meet her needs better. Good luck - I'm sure it will be such a fun year.