Monday, March 28, 2011

Just a thought

I was released from my primary calling about a month ago, I had been Maddie's teacher ever since we moved into the Burton ward. I was in Nursery with her, and then I moved up to Sunbeams and then CTR 4. Surprisingly, I loved being with these little children and especially with Maddie. We live in a very large ward now, and there are more active members than available callings. I'm not used to being without a calling for this long. I kind of feel displaced without something to do, but I know deep in my heart that the Lord knows what I need right now. I am trying to use this extra time to strengthen my spirit, get to know my neighbors and figure out my children. I love Relief Society and am glad that I am able to attend every week. Yesterday I learned an awesome way to keep track of spiritual inspiration and make sure that I do something about it. Just fold a paper into three sections and in each section record (1) What I saw/heard (2) What the spirit told me (3) What I will do about it. Yesterday I spent a few minutes just folding papers getting them ready for future spiritual inspiration. I am already starting to fill out a paper, sometimes I just skip the saw/heard section because sometimes the promptings come unsolicited. I have always been a list person, it's the only way that I can get things done. I feel like this is a good way for me to keep track of and act on spiritual promptings. Last week one of the ladies in Relief Society quoted this poem from a General Conference talk from Thomas S. Monson in April of 2004.

“Father, where shall I work today?”
And my love flowed warm and free.
Then he pointed out a tiny spot
And said, “Tend that for me.”
I answered quickly, “Oh no, not that!
Why, no one would ever see,
No matter how well my work was done.
Not that little place for me.”
And the word he spoke, it was not stern;...
“Art thou working for them or for me?
Nazareth was a little place,
And so was Galilee.”

No comments: