Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 30, 2011

March 30, 2011
Scriptures that touched me today

D&C Section 93:13, 19

13 And he received not of the fulness at first, but continued from grace to grace, until he received a fulness;
19 I give unto you these sayings that you may understand and know how to worship, and know what you worship, that you may come unto the Father in my name, and in due time receive of his fulness.

I have been thinking about the ten virgins lately, and how they came to a wedding completely unprepared for the amount of time that they would need to have their lamps lit. I know that the oil in their lamps represent spiritual preparedness, and that it is accumulated drop by drop, you can not buy it in bulk. It helped me to realize that spiritual strength and spiritual preparedness take time. As long as I spend time everyday studying the scriptures and the words of the prophets, listening to the promptings of the spirit and acting on them, I will continue to acquire the oil that I need to carry me through life and beyond. The trouble comes when I stop acquiring, it is a daily process, drop by drop, grace to grace.

No comments: