Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 29, 2011

Johnny asked me if he could play the Wii after school today, since it was an early day and he had played outside for quite a while I told him that he could. I sat down to read my book thinking that he would be downstairs playing. About 30 minutes later our little neighbor boy, Mason, came over to play. I looked everywhere and I couldn't find Johnny. I looked through the house three times, inside all of the lower cupboards, John's work room, circled the house twice looking in each of the window wells, and all of our neighbor's yards . All of our close neighbor boys Johnny's age were outside playing, and he wasn't with them. It was so strange, he usually doesn't do anything without telling me first, and I was starting to get very worried. Finally I went to my room and prayed, I prayed that I would be able to find him and wherever he was, that he would be safe. Finally, after asking Hannah for the second time if she had seen him, she said, “Maybe he's at Bridger's house.” No, he couldn't be, he called Bridger before he had asked to play the Wii and he had Karate practice. I had no other options, so I decided to call anyway. Bridger's mom answered the phone and I asked if Johnny was over there. He was! Huge sigh of relief on my part. Bridger didn't have to leave for another 30 minutes! It turns out that Johnny had thought that he had asked if he could go over to Bridger's, but without thinking had asked if he could play the Wii instead. I had to laugh when I discovered the reason for my worry. I know he is my son, I do this all of the time. I often think one thing and something completely different spills out of my mouth. I am thankful that he was safe.

No comments: