Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rocket Ship bookshelf

I have recently become a huge fan of a this lovely lady http://www.ana-white.com/. Ana White is a homemaker from Alaska, and when I say homemaker I mean that literally. She and her husband have built their own house and are in the process of filling it with furniture that she makes herself. I feel so empowered when I read about her, and I even feel more empowered when I pick up a power tool and start making something from one of her plans. I loved her rocket ship bookshelf plan and I had recently scavenged some wood from my mom's basement that was screaming to be used. I loved how the shelves turned out, they are made from an old church removable tabletop round. It took a little more calculating, but I was able to get all of the shelves with an awesome rounded rocket ship look. Johnny was able to stay up late one night, on a school night (eek), and we were able to paint it together. We had a great time together, and he was super excited to put it in his room.

1 comment:

Kim said...

WOW!! This is amazing! I bet he just loves it! Great job!