Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's late, but how do I break up a party like this?

John, is home from his week long business trip in California. We are so glad he is back, now we are now trying to get our lives back to normal. No matter how often he leaves, I find myself slacking off in so many areas while he is away, Our meals are much simpler, we all go to bed later, and my usual routine goes out the window while I work on a project or read a book. Just before John left, he asked the kids what they would like him to bring home for them. Hannah and Johnny wanted Huricane Tears (a.k.a the marbles he picked up from his last trip to Texas). Maddie just wanted a sandwich, I think that she thought he was just leaving to pick lunch up for all of us. As we dropped him off at the airport and drove away, Maddie started crying. When I asked her what was wrong she said "You forgot my sandwich!"
This is a picture of one of our late nights. It's hard to send them to bed in the middle of a Goosebumps book.

3 comments:

Sarah*MK said...

Goosebumps??? Those gave me nightmares!

Rhonda said...

Nothing says relaxing like laying on a couch reading! - Rhonda

Kim said...

Did John bring back a sandwich for Maddie??