Friday, April 24, 2009

House Update

Here is one of our "clean up the house fast and get out for a showing" outings. This was on Tuesday, and I didn't have time to pack sunscreen. Actually I didn't even think about it, now I feel bad every time I look at Lucy's little sunburned arms. Nobody else got sunburned. Luckily it was a perfect day for riding bikes at the park.





It is painful to even write about our house selling/buying situation because the suspense is killing me. We have been very lucky the past two months to have a lot of people come and look at our house. I think it is because of the monstrous garage. Though, after about 10 showings, making the house spotless and leaving the premises (just to get absolutely no offers) started getting a little old.

Well, this week we got two offers on our house--one of them about $15,000 below our asking price the other $17,000 below, but probably the best we can do in our location. We went with the highest bid, but found out today that they cannot qualify for a loan, we are waiting to find out about the other bidder's eligibility.

In the mean time, our bid was accepted on a home that we love in Kaysville. We think it would be a great place to raise our children, and it has everything we need, plus a few of our selfish wants. We really, really, really want it. "Really" doesn't seem like a strong enough word, but I really can't think of another one right now. We are praying hard that this will happen for us, but I know that if it doesn't we will be okay--just sad for a while.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am so sad! Happy for you but really sad for us!

Kelley Rae said...

Best of luck - I hated that whole process. I really hope it works out for you!!