Friday, April 24, 2009

My little lesson on counting blessings


In light of this whole suspenseful housing situation, I learned a little lesson from Maddie. I was working in the kitchen when Maddie came inside and asked for some goldfish crackers. I gave her a handful and she took them outside, I was curious so I followed her. She set the goldfish down on our little path and said "okay, eat up ants." I asked her if those ants were her pets and she said "yeah". Then she proceeded to point to other things around the yard and say "my swing, my grass, my sand, my toys, my house, my ants, my feet, my wings (she thinks she has wings), my dressed (clothes)--That's a lot of things Maddie" (she also talks to herself). I sure love that little girl, she is always grateful for the little things.

No comments: