Monday, March 16, 2009

Just another Sunday

Sundays at our house can be kind of hectic, but there is something special about this day that always nudges the gratitude section of my heart. The past two weeks I have taken a few pictures of what I love about this day.



After church John always makes waffles, this is a tradition that we started when Maddie was born. She always needed so much attention after church, and I was always so tired that John took it upon himself to make our Sunday dinners. The waffle recipe that we have is really easy (thanks Julie and Mark) and John has them down to an art, they are delicious served with our homemade buttermilk syrup (thanks Marilyn). We have made a renewed effort to use more whole wheat in our diets so grinding wheat is now the highlight of Sunday dinner preparation, and everybody has to be involved whether we want them to be or not. Thanks John for your patience and all of your hard work, and also for your going the extra mile and grinding enough wheat for my bread. (I don't know why Hannah is wearing my coat in this picture, she can be a little clown sometimes.)






I love to hear about the what our kids learn in primary, and I love to look at the things they make, it always makes me happy. Last week Hannah brought home a note for me, I still don't know how it tied into her lesson, but it made me smile.



(I didn't know if I should be worried about this, but I chose to just enjoy the moment.)

Awww shucks, love you too Hannah! ;)

5 comments:

Kim said...

Whole Wheat Waffles are the best!! We LOVE them with raspberries and whip cream!

Missionary Mom said...

Don't be surprised if all your friends show up for Sunday dinner this week. That sounds great!

WDL 5 said...

Sundays are great. And can I get that waffle recepe, too?

Leslie Moseley said...

Yes, do post your waffle and syrup recipes.

I think the moral of Hannah's note is to never be an evil mom!

Heather said...

I love that Hannah gave you the note, I never saw mine from my children :) For Sharing Time I taught that Mothers are nurturing and had each of the children write a note to their mothers. I tied it into a plant that I had forgotten to water for a few...months. I am glad you are not the evil plant killer :)