Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Our little homemade stuffed animals

Last Saturday my friend's three children came over for a few hours to play while she attended a class. I absolutely adore her children, she has an eight year old, a six year old and a one year old . I was planning on spending the morning sewing binding on the quilt I made for Hannah's bed while they played, but that all changed as soon as I pulled out the sewing machine. Bela, the oldest, expressed how much she wanted to learn how to sew. So on a whim, we spent the morning making stuffed animals. I have never made these before, but it was actually easier than I expected. We drew patterns on pieces of paper (Hannah insisted on drawing her own), and then we cut out the fabric, I sewed them with a little help with pedal pushing, and they stuffed, stitched and decorated. It took most of our morning, but it was so worth it to see how cute they turned out, they were all so unique.

No comments: