Thursday, March 26, 2009

A more palatable dining room

Here are some pictures of our more neutral dining room. I had a chance to tidy up while Maddie was napping, so I thought I would take the opportunity to capture the moment. It's kind of funny, with all the happiness that bright colors bring me, I felt this strange sense of relief as my sea-foam blue was covered up by "oats". I was a bit surprised by this and tried to make sense of the feeling. I came to the conclusion that it must be like skydiving, it is an extreme sport and gives you a rush of adrenaline, but I am sure skydiver's wouldn't want the feeling to last forever. I have never actually been skydiving, but now I don't have to --because I have experienced extreme painting. I can check that off of my list of things to do in my lifetime.


Johnny was so excited to help me paint, and I just couldn't say no (one of my many weaknesses). I decided a good safe spot would be under the computer counter. He was more than happy to, because it is his "favorite hiding spot". I gave him a paint brush and let him go to town. He did a pretty good job, but I did have to touch up a bit with the roller when he wasn't looking.




7 comments:

Heather said...

It's always sad to see a great color go, but I do like the new color. You are way more brave, I paint late at night when no one is still awake.

Sarah*MK said...

The difference is so dramatic! I can't wait till I get to experience painting my own place!

Leslie Moseley said...

I just love reading your blog... extreme painting! That's great.

WDL 5 said...

I think you all practive "Extreme Living!"

Kelley Rae said...

I'm with Heather - so sad to see it go. Hopefully it will be worth it. Any bites yet?

Rhonda said...

Ahh come on, it was the same color Lori painted her laundry room - toothpaste!

Kim said...

How's the house market going for you guys?? The dining room looks great...will you be doing the blue in the next house again?