Sunday, July 12, 2009

I can't wait until I'm 8!

The day finally came for Hannah to be baptised on Saturday the 11th. She has been looking forward to this day for the past 6 months or so. We love her so much and are very proud of her for making the decision to become a member of the church.Being our first child, Hannah has always had to deal with our fumbling attempts to get it right. There were a few important things that we forgot to bring to the baptism. Thankfully Vera drove back to our home and rummaged around for some towels. Also, we were positive that we brought an extra shirt for John to wear after the baptism, and have no idea how it ended up spending the whole morning lying peacefully on our bed.
Happily these aren't the only memories that we will have of Hannah's baptism day. I will always remember the sweet sentimental feelings of seeing her in the water in the arms of her dad getting ready to go down into the water. I will remember unexpectedly feeling the strong desire to be with Hannah, her dad, brother and sisters forever. I will remember helping her change before her confirmation, and explaining again what it means to receive the Holy Ghost. I will remember the hope that she would always seek after and recognize the witnesses of the Holy Ghost throughout her life, and most of all that she would be happy.

We are so happy for you Hannah, we love you!
*you'd never know just by looking, but John has a soaking wet arm around me in this picture.


3 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats on such a wonderful and happy day! Can't believe she's 8!

WDL 5 said...

It was certainly a special day!

Kelley Rae said...

OK - I've totally missed a lot. You've had a busy couple of weeks! I love Hannah's hair but know how those first few snips make you wonder what you got yourself into! Tell her congrats on her Baptism as well; she is so smart and no doubt completely prepared for this experience. I also love your pictures from the 4th - looks like so much fun! Whew - I won't stay away so long next time!