Monday, July 6, 2009

You've come a long way baby

This morning, Johnny asked if he could feed Lucy breakfast, he has done this more than once with Lucy but I am still amazed by it. Let me tell you why... Johnny loves babies. When Maddie was a newborn, Johnny couldn't get enough of her. I remember that he was constantly wanting to hold her and touch her. That gradually changed as she got older. When I asked Johnny what had happened to all of the love he once felt for Maddie, he told me that he only liked babies who don't eat. Trying to reason with him that all babies eat didn't work. He would sit at the table across from Maddie and cry that she was being too gross and plead with us to make her eat in the basement. Of course we didn't make her eat in the basement, we just told Johnny not to look. I don't know what changed in the past two years; Not only is he staring his worst fear right in the eyes now, but he his feeding her lumpy oatmeal and doesn't even think twice when it drips down her slimy little chin. Maddie, on the other hand, came though all of this with her confidence unscathed. She is still as happy as ever, but is really working hard on her etiquette. She still makes a mess, but she tried to make up for it today by dressing up for breakfast and wearing her nicest necklace and tiara. Maybe she is hoping that if she wears enough flashy accessories, nobody will notice the lumpy oatmeal dripping down her own chin.

2 comments:

WDL 5 said...

Queen of the kitchen, I say.

Heather said...

Johnny makes me laugh! I wish none of us had to eat!