Sunday, August 16, 2009

Eye drops and ear drops and nose drips, oh my!

We have had such awful luck this month with sicknesses. You would think that it was the middle of flu season. This is a picture of the latest thing going through our house. Lucy is feeling awful and I am feeling pretty crumby myself. I didn't think the nursery mom's would appreciate me helping in nursery in this condition, so Lucy and I decided to hang out at home.

Johnny has also been very sick the past few weeks. While we were at our family reunion, Johnny and Hannah got sick the last two days we were there. We thought that it might have been because of late nights, their normal eating schedule being upset, and not drinking enough water. It didn't surprise us that Johnny got sick, he has always been a little more prone to throwing up and actually does so quite frequently, but Hannah hardly ever gets sick like this. Hannah got better within a day, but after about a week of Johnny vomiting and having diarrhea we started getting concerned because his spells don't usually last this long. We took him to the doctor, and he suggested that these vomiting spells might be caused by a food intolerance. I had never suspected this, I always thought it was because I wasn't paying enough attention to his food and water intake. We took him off of milk for a few days and he had so much energy, but then it started again without warning. The doctor suggested we take him off of gluten and have him tested for celiac disease. The gluten free diet has seemed to help, he seems happier and more energetic than I have seen him in a long time. We will find out the results of the test next week sometime, I hope we can figure this out. I just want my kids to feel healthy and happy.

No comments: