Friday, August 7, 2009

A few funerals

Last night my mom and brother, James, came to visit. They were on their way home from Panguitch where they attended our Lefevre Family Reunion and my Aunt Grace's funeral. July has been a very difficult and emotionally draining month for my mom. Both of her living sisters died within about 2 weeks of each other. My Aunt Betty died of complications due to age, she is in the blue dress second to the left. And my Aunt Grace died of cancer, she is in the black dress next to Aunt Betty. They have both been sick for quite a while. I have so many fond memories of visiting these Aunts, and it is hard to comprehend the world without having them around. It must be even harder for my mom. This picture of my mom's mom and siblings with their spouses was taken about 30 years ago at my dad's funeral. As I look at this picture now, only four of them are still alive, including my mom. I am so looking forward to the day when I can visit with these wonderful people again.

1 comment:

WDL 5 said...

It will be a great day!