Friday, August 14, 2009

A new great idea

I have decided to take bribing to a new level. A few days ago I was reading in the Family Fun Magazine about a family who had tried this and it sounded like a fun alternative to our sticker rewards. In the past, our kids would get stickers for doing something very well, being polite or doing something the first time I asked. When they got ten, we would head to the local gas station and get a slurpee. Well, John and I have talked alot about how we want our kids to grow up knowing how to handle money, so I jumped on this opportunity. We have jobs that they can do to earn dad dollars, and when they have earned enough they can cash them in at Mom's Market. Mom's Market supplies fun activities such as: a tent night in the living room, or outside if dad is willing; a craft activity; an extra sweet treat or they can exchange them each for ten cents a peice and we can head to the dollar store. Anyway, so far it has been fun. I have even gotten them to floss their teeth and rinse of their own dishes and put them in the dish washer. the website is www.festisite.com/money

2 comments:

WDL 5 said...

I didn't know John had been the president of the USA! Wow! You learn something new every day!

Leslie Moseley said...

That sounds like a fun way to teach. One of my daughters had a teacher that did that in her 5th grade class. They earned some kind of funny money and could buy things at the teachers 'store' like candies, pencils, trinkets... all dollar store stuff but it was fun. They loved it and learned a lot.