Thursday, September 22, 2011

Remembering Johnny's big step

I have thought many times how wonderful it would be if I became one of those amazing photographers who could take beautiful pictures of my children.  I sometimes wonder why I haven't taken the time to learn how to Photoshop photos or why I haven't spent the money on a really nice camera, and then I remember...I have about 10 other hobbies that I want to pursue before that one.  The pictures that I take in my mind are gorgeous, I wish that I could somehow blog with those.

Anyway, I decided that I wanted to remember how great Johnny looked in his new suit when he turned 8 years old.  I decided that our family would take a Sunday trip to the Bountiful temple so that I could snap some pictures of him.  He wasn't too happy that everyone else got to change out of their Sunday clothes and that he had to wear his least favorite Sunday outfit ever. Thinking back, I should have had everyone keep their church clothes on, but I wasn't feeling up to the struggle that day.  He still had a great time running around and exploring the grounds once we got there.  After all, an eight-year-old boy is still and eight-year-old boy, even in a suit.

He sure did look handsome, but once again my pictures can't show the pride that I feel for this boy, or the happiness that we felt while walking around the temple grounds as a family.  It was a great day.

We love you Johnny, and are proud of you for the step that you took to become a member of the church.  It was a big step, and the beginning of many big and important steps that you will take in your life.








 

1 comment:

Kim said...

Such a big step!! He's so handsome!