Saturday, May 29, 2010

1-800-toothfairy (for Johnny this time)

Yesterday afternoon, Johnny lost his first tooth. It has been flopping around for the past two weeks, but no amount of persuasion could get him to let me pull it out. He did, on occasion, let me do some "tooth exercises", but not for long enough to do any good. As always, when a tooth comes out at our house, we call the tooth fairy to let her know that she needs make a pick up. John always does the calling because he is much better at talking to her new automated system, or her thick skulled receptionist (whichever happens to be available.) Last night, his call was sent directly to voice mail, so he left a message. She must have received the message and fulfilled her duties, because this morning Johnny had a shiny gold dollar in place of his tooth. I woke up to a beautiful experience this morning. When I walked into the living room, I saw a very serious boy playing with his new shiny coin. When I said good morning to Johnny, I noticed that he looked like he had been crying. I asked him if he was okay, and he said that he was. Then he told me about what had happened when he found his coin that morning. He said that he had thanked Heavenly Father that he found a coin under his pillow, and that it made him feel really good inside. I hugged him and told him that he had felt the spirit, and that Heavenly Father was letting him know how much he loved him. His eyes started to tear up again, and so did mine. I was reminded by this experience, how precious and sweet these spirits are, and how Heavenly Father will take any opportunity he can, to let them know he loves them. I am so happy that Johnny felt like he could pray to Heavenly Father, and even happier that he was able to have a spiritual experience which will help sustain him as he grows.

2 comments:

kathyleen said...

That's it, I've just about had it! You just reminded me! I'm going to call her and give her a piece of my mind (now that I have her phone number)! She's skipped Torek's tooth 2 nights in a row! URGGHHHH!! Maybe she was having a tough time making it all the way up here from UT! Hopefully she took care of it while we were at church.

Congrat's Johnny, maybe you and Torek should find a happy medium. He works his until he's covered in blood and successfully removed his tooth. It's gruesome. Me, I was always more of a let nature take it's course type of a girl.

Lady Vera of the Avenues said...

awh. so cute!