Monday, May 10, 2010

Johnny is 7!

It is the beginning of our Birthday Marathon again! It comes so fast. That can only mean one thing, our children are growing. Such a happy thing, but it makes me feel sad that I will never have my six year old boy again. This is why I keep a blog, so that I can remember life when they were small. I tried my sister's recipe for marshmallow fondant this time. It was awesome, but I didn't have much time to work on it so it is a little sloppy. Johnny insisted that we celebrate his birthday on his actual birthday, which was the morning after John and I returned home from our cruise.

He got plenty of outdoor toys this year because we are trying to persuade him that outdoor, active, activities are super fun. I think we are making headway in that area. The problem is that he gets hot very quickly, hence all of the water toys.


We told Johnny that he could have a big party at home with lots of friends, or he could invite 2 friends to go someplace fun with him. He chose the 2 friend option. He decided that we should play rollerball at Boondocks and invite his cousins, Cody and Elena. Johnny loves spending time with Cody and Hannah, they are the two people who he can really relax and be silly with.








1 comment:

Kim said...

Can't believe how big he's getting! I'm glad you started a blog, I wish I would have started (and been better) when Talisa was born. Blogs are great!