Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers day 2010

Call me crazy, but I think that Mother's day is one of my favorite holidays. I didn't live it up this year like I normally do by requesting it to be a full two day holiday. This year I didn't want to be coddled and take time off from my motherly duties. This year, to celebrate, I wanted to be a mom. Although, John did let me take a nice Sunday nap while he held down the fort after church.

I loved that the first words out of John's mouth Sunday morning were, "Happy Mother's Day, can I get you breakfast in bed?" I told him that I would rather take a shower while he woke the children up and fed them breakfast. That was a wonderful shower. I loved the homemade gifts and I especially loved the Primary presentation. Why does that always make me cry? I love being a mother to my children. I think I am the luckiest person alive to have these 4 beautiful children in my life, and my wonderful husband as my companion through it all.

Here are Hannah's thoughts on motherhood:

M-Makes me smile

O-organized

T-Teaching me not to do bad things

H-helpful

E-entertaining

R-really, really nice








4 comments:

Heather said...

You are truly an idol to me Cheryl! I wish and hope to be half the mom you are one day!

Leslie Moseley said...

Hurray for fabulous Mother's Days. I had one too and got a call from Korea!

Kelley Rae said...

Ditto what Heather said. Baking, planting, painting, empowered children, happy, selfless, I can't think of a better example for your kids to follow!

Cheryl said...

Heather and Kelly, if only you could come to my house and see all of the areas that I fall short. Thank you for your compliments, though, but I'll have you know that I have wished for a few of your qualities more than once. And you too Leslie (happy mother's day!)