Friday, May 28, 2010

5K with Hannah

Hannah's principal is heading to Uganda this summer to help build houses for needy families. All of the 3rd graders participated in a 5K run/walk to help raise money for her to take along books, pajamas and hygiene supplies. It was such a fun experience to run and walk with Hannah, she has great endurance, she didn't get that from me! With every lap, she got more and more excited, and on one occasion said "I didn't realize I was still running!"
She was so proud of herself at the end. She was able to earn $14, and she enjoyed her rootbeer Popsicle very much.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow Hannah, I don't run very well, but your Uncle Billy and Aunt Vera have done a lot of running and they can go a really long time.

Lady Vera of the Avenues said...

Hannah!!!!!!
I'm so excited that you did that run!!! Congratulations on finishing! That is a great accomplishment,for a good cause.