Saturday, May 29, 2010

2, 4, one birthday party

I have never had the desire to have twins, I am not that organized or responsible, but I do like the idea of streamlining things. So when the chance comes to combine two birthdays into one party, I am all for it. Every year, for the rest of our lives, we will be celebrating Maddie and Lucy's birthdays eight days apart. So I figured that I'd better take advantage of the one year where they are both interested in the same things, and are happy to share their special day. They loved it! We had their two little cousins over and we celebrated princess style.
I made some superhero/princess capes,
and two special birthday crowns

And we read the "princess and the pea" book, so that they would understand the significance of their cakes.


This picture made me laugh. Ever wonder what Dopey would look like dressed in Snow White's attire? Now you know!


Lucy needed a little help figuring out how to blow out the candles.




And Maddie soaked up every second of her moment in the spotlight.



So much personality crammed into such little bodies!




7 comments:

Val said...

Cute party. Billy and Hillary's birthdays are 4 days apart. They've celebrated a lot of birthdays together.

WDL 5 said...

Great party and what a cake! What a great idea!

kathyleen said...

You are sooo creative! I love their capes and crowns! The cakes are very cool! Did you make those, if so you must share how you made the head and foot boards!

Happy birthday Maddie & Lucy

Cheryl said...

Kathy, I got the idea from familyfun.com. They have a template for drawing the headboard/footboards with chocolate onto wax paper. That was actually one of the easier parts of the cake. I struggle with frosting though.

Kim said...

So fun! LOVE that cake Cheryl! You are so creative!

Lady Vera of the Avenues said...

You are such a creative, talented, fun Mom!!!! Super cute cakes, capes,crowns. How fun for the girls!!!!

Kelley Rae said...

LOVE the capes - every little girls dream!! And seriously, her personality just shines through in that picture - what a crack up! I also love that she matches her cake. On purpose or not, it's adorable!! :)