Sunday, December 5, 2010

Halloween


This picture deserves a little bit of explanation, since dressing up for Halloween is always an adventure with four children.


John and I:

John and I recieved these costumes from a friend that he knew in highschool who was trying to liquidate a bunch of dancing costumes that she had accumilated over the years. We didn't know what we were getting into when she sent us some surprise costumes in the mail. They turned out to be pretty cute. I have a feeling that my sailor girl costume was supposed to be the slinky, sexy type. It turns out that I don't do that look well, and even if I did do it well, I wouldn't wear it that way...so I made some bloomers and went for the raggady Ann look. I would have loved to have a sailors hat for John's costume, Maybe next year.


Hannah:

Hannah's costume is an outfit that John picked up on one of his business trips to south Korea about 4 years ago. Hannah is finally big enough to wear it, and she made a beautiful little Korean girl. Again, I would have loved to accessorize it a little better with a Korean up-do, but I didn't know how and it was a little late to find that type of wig.


Johnny:

Johnny was comfortable with his old reliable dog costume, but this is the last year that he will be able to squeeze into it. Do you think I can convince him to wear Hannah's old Flamingo costume next year?


Maddie:

I was planning on having Maddie be a princess, but at the last minute she wanted to be a fairy. Luckily we had Hannah's old fairy costume,


Lucy:

which freed up the princess costume for Lucy who REALLY didn't want to be a clown. Seriously, she is still telling me, a month-and-a-half later that she doesn't want to be a clown. She loved that she was able to be a princess, and still asks to wear her princess dress every day, she takes naps in it, and we have a hard time peeling it off of her at night so that she can change into her pajamas. She is devistated when it needs to be washed because of a potty training accident. She thinks that the sailor girl costume is my princess dress and begs me to put it on during the day. I haven't been able to bring myself to put it on for her and wear it around the house, but I should, just to humor her.

No comments: