Sunday, December 19, 2010

A little bird told me...

...that my mom needed some help with organizing and de-junking one of her rooms. I'm not the best candidate for this job, but I do have a bit of experience in this area. I have had to help my little collector (Hannah) de-junk on many occasions. Sometimes it is hard to be compassionate when it comes to cleaning out *special* things. For example, I still don't know how to help Hannah let go of her C.O.B, ie. collection of old balloons.

While helping my mom with her room, I found that she had some interesting things that she just just wanted to share with someone before she let them go. They were things of little monetary value, but sometimes she wanted to share a story about it, some enjoyment by looking at it, or literally share it. One of these things happened to be a hummingbird nest. How often do you find something like this? Very cool! I told my mom that I would take it home to Hannah and let her enjoy it for a day or two, since she is an avid bird lover, and then we would get rid of it. Well, Hannah was very excited about it, and somehow she convinced me to let her keep it until spring so that she could put it in a tree. I'm looking forward to spring, until then she is going to need some more shelves to hold all of her treasures. Thanks for sharing, mom!



No comments: