Sunday, May 10, 2009

Black-eyed beauty

Maddie got her first shiner this week. Monday, during nap time, she heard me coming to her room to make sure she was in bed. Knowing that I wouldn't be happy about her playing again, she started running full speed ahead towards her bed. Just at the exact wrong moment she tripped and slammed face first into her bed rail. I know that accidents happen, especially with an active 2 year old, but I am still suffering from a serious case of mother guilt.
She has made me laugh so many times this week, what an active imagination she has. As I mentioned before, Madeline likes to talk to herself. But until now, I have never met a child who argues with herself.
The other day I was listening to her sing "Old McDonald" this is how it went:
"Old McDonald had a farm E-I-E-I-O, and on that farm he had a --what?--a fish--hmmm, how about a chicken?--NO A FISH!--okay a fish. And on that farm he had a fish...."





John is always having problems with pens and papers disappearing from his drawer, we found the culprit. Pretty sneaky isn't she?


3 comments:

Heather said...

The picture of her arm is classic, I love it! Let go of the mom guilt no kid survives childhood without one or two shiners :)

kathyleen said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that first picture of Maddie looking over the fence. I go to your blog when I need a smile, it always works. Your so GREAT! Don't feel too bad about the shiner. At least you've documented it well so when she's older she won't be able to say that you pushed her into the crib. :)

By the way, what does a fish say?

Kim said...

TOO FUNNY!! I love the Old MacDonald story!! Glad you found the culprit too!