Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sweet Thirty-One

Only when you are the mom, can you celebrate your birthday for 4 days in a row. I had such a wonderful birthday this year. It started on Thursday when John showed Johnny the birthday present he had gotten for me. Neither of them are very good at keeping secrets, so before I knew it I was opening my first birthday present--a GPS. Friday, John gave me the gift of going shopping for some new clothes, so he spent the day at home on child duty while I had a day on the town. Saturday, we had cake and went on a dinner and movie date. We went to Teppanyaki Grill and then to the new Star Trek Movie, it was such a fun evening. On Sunday to celebrate my actual birthday we gave talks in church and I was able to take a nap, thanks John! I had the perfect excuse to make another chocolate cake this weekend, but for some reason I was in the mood for Whoopee Pies. They took more time to make than the usual chocolate cake, and were much more unhealthy--if that is possible. They were so worth the pure unadulterated fat and calories. I stacked thirty-one little pies to make up for the one candle that I could find, we must have packed the others. I had to add this picture just because it shows Lucy,
and the silly look on my face made me laugh.
Here is the Tom-Tom GPS that John gave me, I have never been very good at directions, and he has been threatening to give me a GPS for a few years now. It will come in very handy. Now John will be guaranteed a wife who can always find her way home. This picture was taken after my Sunday nap, but unfortunately my hair looked like this before I laid down.


I just had to put in a plug for the D.I. I have made a goal to always go to the D.I. or Kid-to-Kid before I ever go clothing shopping at regular stores. I used to be embarrassed to shop at the D.I., but now I realize that it is just smart. I found some great clothes! Women go through so many size changes throughout their lives that I am usually able to find some pretty great clothes. Here is one of the cute skirts that I found, brand new for 5 dollars. I did have to go to some of my favorite clothing stores (darn) to find what I didn't find at the D.I. I was so excited about all of my SWEET finds that I had to try them all on one more time when I got home.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow Banana Republic shirt for $5.00 Thanks for the encouragement to shop there. Glad you had such a great birthday. - Rhonda

Kim said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!! Hope your talks went well...I'm sure they did! Your cake looks yummy, and what a great hubby to let you celebrate you b-day for 4 days of fun things!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love the DI too and I always shop there for regular everyday clothing!

WDL 5 said...

Sounds like all those days of celebrating your birthday were worth it!

Kelley Rae said...

Happy Birthday! You will love the GPS, even if you start to know your way around in Kaysville. They do so much more than directions that I use mine ALL the time. What a fun birthday weekend - minus the talks I suppose!