Monday, May 18, 2009

My Last Duty

On Wednesday the 13th I performed my last duty as enrichment leader--I made sprouts. I sprouted some wheat, lentils and garbanzo beans. The lentils turned out the best, they taste almost like fresh peas out of the garden. It was a very informative activity which our very knowledgeable preparedness person headed up. I have been taught so much these past 2 1/2 years about communication and love and utilizing the talents of others and I am grateful for that opportunity. I have not officially been released, but the next activity under my jurisdiction would be June 17th and we are planning on being moved my then. Happily, the people who are buying our house are letting us rent it until we close on our next house. We don't have to be homeless during the closing process, in return we have decided to thank them by tidying the yard. This is something that we really should have been doing all along, but we were hoping to be moved by the time the weeds started getting out of hand--no such luck--well, onto the next duty.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Good ole sprouts. I needed to be reminded to eat more of them. Rhonda