Sunday, May 10, 2009

Here goes nothin'

On Saturday we started packing up all of our non-essential items. John taped the boxes together and packed up the garage supplies while I packed our storage rooms in the basement. On one occasion, I came out to find this tower of empty boxes waiting for me. flabbergasted, I asked John how to get a box. "Like this" he said as he pulled one from the bottom of the pile. The whole tower crashed to the floor, and of course he got a huge kick out of it. Why do I get the feeling he was just waiting for me to ask?
To end a long day of packing, we decided to fire up the fireplace one last time to roast marshmallows. We are going to miss the bonfires John makes for us here. We are pretty sure that there won't be as much tolerance for John-style fires in our next neighborhood. There will be a few trade offs, but it will be worth it. I am sure we will have a fire pit again, but we will try to keep the fires a little more modest--we don't want everyone knowing that we are hicks at heart.


We all had a great time, we live for nights like this!

6 comments:

Leslie Moseley said...

John wouldn't need an old-fashioned cast iron stove would he?

Heather said...

We love fires...so much so that Braeden started one in our family room. I guess we need a fire pit. Looks like fun.

Kelley Rae said...

What a bittersweet moment. But you won't have neighbors for awhile so the bonfires shouldn't have to end anytime soon!

Sarah*MK said...

I would have brought stuff for s'mores when we came to visit last year had I known you had a firepit!

WDL 5 said...

Knowing you guys I'm sure you'll think of something!

Kim said...

Glad he got a kick out of the falling tower! I miss your firepit too! Good thing they sell the nice ones at stores now, but I bet John can build a better one!