Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy 70th Mom

My mom celebrated her 70th birthday last week!




I remember her telling me once that she is not ashamed of her age, her gray hairs or her wrinkles--she earned every single one of them. I am starting to understand what she means by that (thanks mom!)




She came to visit this weekend with my sister and her children, so we made her trademark gumdrop rose cake, though my roses didn't look nearly as beautiful as the roses that she would put on our birthday cakes. She is the expert. Doesn't she look cute in the birthday hat my niece made for her.





I think that my mom looks great for surviving 11 very active children, 8 of them still living at home when our dad died of cancer. I don't know how you did it mom.





We sure love you!

(B.T.W. see the littlest one with the teddy bear, that's me. I can't believe how much of a resemblance there is between Maddie and I.)



3 comments:

KKR said...

What a fun time!! You, John and all of the kids resemble each other!!

Heather said...

I totally knew which one was you! The resemblance is uncanning!

Kelley Rae said...

You DO look so much like Maddie - or the other way around! :) That was so fun to meet your mom and sister, thanks again for all of your help Saturday in the midst of everything else you had going on!