Thursday, October 23, 2008

Out on the town

I didn't have a chance to post our girls (and children's) night on the town, when my mom and sister came to visit. We had such a wonderful time together. We decided to spend our Friday at the Gateway mall. Of course the first place we had to go was the fountain, where our kids proceeded to run around and get wet.




After they were sufficiently soaked, we noticed a bunch of tables set up for kids to paint and decorate their own pumpkins. When we went over to check it out, the man in charge asked us if we wanted to sign up for the Foster Child program here in Utah. I told him that I seriously don't think I could handle one more child, but could we decorate pumpkins anyway? The kids had a blast decorating their pumpkins and they turned out super cute. The only problem was that we still had a full day at the mall ahead of us and only a stroller to transport 30 pounds of pumpkin (why do I never think of things like this ahead of time?) We decided to ditch them by the elevator temporarily while we went to the Planitarium and ate dinner. Luckily, nobody was interested in taking them--I can't imagine why.



We had each of the kids transport their own pumpkins home. In the end we were all very tired, but we sure had fun.


No comments: